June 28, 2020
Cape Fruit Processors – Malelane
R20 000 – R30 000 a month
Quality Management, 5 years (Required)
Full Job Description
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB
To ensure, in conjunction with other departments, that the factory of Cape Fruit Processors produces a high quality profitable and food safe product that conforms to in house and/or customer specifications; that proper records are kept and to coordinate the FSSC22000 functions, Food Safety Team and Internal Audit team.
– Educational: Food Technology or related Diploma/Degree
– Experience: 4-5 years as Quality Manager incl. staff management
– Special Skills:
o Thorough and accurate with strong management & organizational skills
o Independent and the ability to show initiative
o Strong interpersonal and communication skills
o Strong leadership and motivational skills
o Strong Customer Relationship & problem-solving skills
o Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively to deadlines.
o Strong computer literacy, especially with Excel and Word
o Fully bilingual in Afrikaans & English with additional African language an advantage
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
1. Quality Management :
The incumbent is responsible for overall quality of process and final product.
1.1 Product: work in progress and final product
– Compile and reconcile in-house and customer specifications for all manufactured products.
– Give customer product specifications for specific orders to Quality Controller/Production/Filling Department to standardize/manufacture product accordingly.
– Allocate products according to quality and decide which products must be re-worked or rejected.
– Investigate all quality problems and make recommendations to General Manager.
– Assist Fruit Receiving in evaluating raw products when required.
– Inform Production Department of irregularities in test results in order to stop the production process if necessary.
– Ensure that all laboratory instruments’ calibrations are done and arrange external services annually.
– Take stock of equipment and chemicals in laboratory.
– Keeping up to date with stock available for selling or rework.
Administrative tasks include the completion of forms, updating of applicable files as well as reporting on departmental issues to upkeep operational, food safety, financial, HR and health & safety systems.
Examples of such forms and files are:
– Non-conformance forms and file
– Production Yields and file
– Quality data capturing
– Internal Audit forms and file
– Certificate of Analysis
3. Financial Management
Expenditure must be in line with departmental budget.
4. Food Safety Management System (FSSC22000)
The incumbent is responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the implemented Food Safety Management System.
– Liaise with company’s management representative.
– Ensure that all parties concerned are familiar with applicable procedures/policies.
– Manage the Corrective Action (non-conformance) System: Receive internal and external customer complaints, do an enquiry and initiate corrective action (ensure confidentiality of customer and work towards continuous improvement of systems and customer satisfaction).
– Manage the Internal Audit System and adherence to schedule.
– Analyse data regarding success/trends/individual verification results in the FSMS and report back to Food Safety Team meetings and Management Review.
– Food Safety Objectives: Formulate the objectives with the Food Safety Team. Meet with employees in department to discuss problems and communicate objectives and targets. Ensure full understanding of and compliance to objectives.
– Monitor objectives and targets on a monthly basis for conformance and if necessary, adjust targets to continuously improve productivity and profitability of the company.
5. Human Resources Management
The incumbent is responsible for permanent as well as seasonal quality control personnel.
– Compile and keep induction program for hygiene and quality up to date. Give induction training to quality control personnel.
– Training of quality control personnel and ensure that they know the rules of the factory and what is expected of them. Assess training needs.
– Compile training matrix for personnel.
– Plan and manage own and subordinates’ leave.
– Manage and check subordinates’ time and attendance, especially overtime.
– Responsible for quality personnel seasonal contracts and renewal thereof.
– Keep job descriptions of lab personnel up to date.
– Deal with subordinates’ complaints.
– Ensure that the correct protective clothing are ordered, issued, used and in a neat condition.
– Obey and check that all personnel on premises adhere to the Health & Safety regulations by law and of the Company.
– Liaise with suppliers (service level agreements, quality etc.) and customers (enquiries, sample requests, complaints).
– Do everything in your power to promote and develop the business of the employer, and serve the employer faithfully and honestly and use reasonable care and skill in the performance of your duties.
– Obey all lawful and reasonable instructions and perform such work as you are directed to perform which falls within your vocational ability regardless of whether or not such work falls within the scope of the post to which you are appointed.
Preference will be given to EE candidates in line with the EE plan. The company reserves the right to and may expire jobs at its discretion. If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: R20,000.00 to R30,000.00 /month
We are food production/manufacturing factory & fully compliant with OHSA & related COVID19 regulations.
Quality Management: 5 years (Required)
(Visited 154 times, 1 visits today)