Learner Fire Fighter positions are available now with the City of Cape Town. The firefighters will be employed by the Fire and Rescue Service department at a basic salary of R163 948 pa. The reference number for this position is aa 1/20.
- Grade 12 qualification (Mathematics and Physical Science preferred)
- Age 18 years or older.
- Should not suffer from fear of confined spaces or heights.
- Must be medically and physically fit.
- Should be able to work in a team and cope with stressful situations.
- No Criminal Record
- Successful candidates must be available to start training on 1 June 2020.
- Complete the Firefighter 1, Firefighter 2, Hazmat Awareness, Hazmat Operations and First Aid Level 3 courses presented by the learning institution.
Candidates need to pass a Fire and Rescue standard physical assessment comprising of the following:
- Practical assessment – Reach Test, 2.4km run, push-ups, sit-ups and dead load carry. Depending on the gender of the candidate the assessment may be adjusted.
- Acrophobia and Claustrophobia tests.
- Candidates must also pass a written assessment (Mathematics and comprehension), interview, medical evaluation and substance abuse test before appointment.
Special conditions attached to the post:
- Non-permanent contract position for the duration of training.
- Candidates will only be appointed to permanent Learner Fire Fighter position on the successful completion of the prescribed training program.
- Required to wear a uniform and protective clothing.
To apply you must report in person to 53 Berkley Road, Ndabeni (old abattoir premises) Cape Town. You must arrive before 08:30 – strictly no late coming allowed.
If your surname starts with:
A,B,C,D,E – 10th February 2020
FGHIJ – 11th February 2020
KLM – 12th February 2020
NOPQ – 13th February 2020
RSTUVWXYZ – 14th February 2020
- Original ID Document
- Recently certified copy of ID (not older than 6 months)
- Original Grade 12 Certificate
- Recently certified copy of Grade 12 certificate (not older than 6 months)
- Statement of results only accepted for 2019 Matriculants (original & certified copy)
- PT clothes and running shoes.
- Participants should provide their own refreshments for the day.
- Be prepared for all weather conditions.