This application form must only be completed by new bursary applicants. Existing MQA bursars must complete the 2018 Continuation Bursary application form.
- The Applications Form is a fillable PDF format
- Firstly, download the form to your computer or smartphone. You must complete the form electronically on your computer or smartphone – (You must not complete the form by hand as hand completed application forms will not be accepted).
- After you have completed the application form electronically, you must save in the following format. See example hereunder: ID Number_Surname_Firstname_Bursary Application Form
- You must e-mail the completed Application Form with supporting documents to MQA by only using the designated e-mail address as indicated hereunder.
- You must ONLY submit the following documents with this Application Form – do not submit any other documents which are not requested as per hereunder.
- Certified copy of Senior Certificate or Grade 11 report – if you are still in Grade 12.
- Full academic record – if you are already at University or at TVET College.
- Certified copy of ID.
- Proof of Household Income – Salary Advice of both father and mother or guardian. If unemployed – submit an affidavit by father/mother/guardian or proof of SASSA payment.
The MQA bursary supports the following core mining disciplines:
- Mining Engineering
- Mine Survey
Special consideration will be given to female applicants as well as applicants living with disabilities.