- Set-up, operate, monitor and control process equipment excluding packaging in order to efficiently convert raw materials into final product, which complies with quality, cost and service specifications and targets
- Identify areas of waste and inefficiency within the production process and suggest remedies to improve yield and efficiencies
- Assist in fault-finding and problem solving activities within the context and complexity of the manufacturing process in order to ensure maximum uptime and line efficiency
- Maintain housekeeping and food safety standards in order to ensure AIB and CRP compliance
- Ensure equipment is maintained in good working order; report all breakdowns, required maintenance and worn parts to packaging technician for action.
- Maintain safety standards through safe operating practices in order to avoid accidents and ensure a safe working environment
- Uphold and maintain ISO 14001 conformance by actively supporting the site Environmental Management System in order to obtain certification
· Grade 12 or equivalent
· Related tertiary qualification
· Literate, numerate and confident in the use of panel view computer screens.
· Working knowledge and understanding of all control systems, including PLC’s.
· Knowledge of quality control specifications and techniques
· Information systems: ability to track information and understand line efficiencies and the factors that influence this.
· Mechanical aptitude with technical training and knowledge of manufacturing equipment.