Job Advert Summary
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the effective management of all regions with its various districts safely and cost effectively, and the co-ordination of the available resources within the distribution system ensuring minimum disruptions in water supply to the customers.
• Engineering Degree or Higher National Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering • A Government Certificate of Competency will serve as an added advantage • Plant experience in a unionised environment • Computer literacy • Code 08 drivers licence
• Ensure raw water abstraction, purification of the required quantity of water and compliance to water quality in accordance to Rand Water standards at the Barrage water treatment plant. • Ensure 100% supply of quality potable water to customers. • Ensure plant availability meeting official daily orders. • Ensure that the daily/monthly orders are met as required by the EM-ZK/GMP • Ensure 95%> compliance for water quality in terms of Môn chloramines. • Management of Operations staff by ensuring an overall conducive climate by good labour relations between employees in all departments, recruiting of quality personnel and training of operational staff in line with their respective jobs. • Legal and Procedural compliance with regards to Rand Water procedures and Risk Management. • Financial Management for the department including budgeting cost allocation and variance reporting for the Operations Department
• Sound management principles • Relevant technical knowledge • Relevant legislation on labour, safety, and quality standards • OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 & 14001 • Effective people management and labour relations • Budgeting
• Computer literate • Planning and organising • Problem solving and project management • Effective decision making • Negotiation and conflict management • Sound management and leadership
• Performance driven • Customer/business focused • Attention to detail • Quality oriented • Assertiveness • Team player Rand Water