Reference Number: ENER10203
Position: Special Workman (Test)
Division: Protection, Test and Metering
Salary: R 227 136 to R 311 556 p.a. (Plus Benefits)
- Maintain substation battery tripping units to ensure effective tripping under abnormal network conditions
- Recondition battery banks on rotational basis to ensure optimum performance is obtained from cells
- Test, repair and calibrate meters to ensure meters in use are accurate
- Maintain meter database to record all meters that are received , installed and calibrated
- Comply with safety regulations as a requirement of the OHS Act
- Monitor that the general handy work is completed, adhering to governance and safety requirements
- Prevent wasteful expenditure and comply with Finance related legislation
- Ensure compliance with the Batho Pele principles, maintain good customer relations and efficient and productive service delivery
- Provide people management to maintain a high level of productivity.
- Grade 10
- Valid Code EC Drivers Licence with PrDP
- 2 years’ experience in Municipal environment
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to apply using an online application system attached to the advertisement on the website of the City of Ekurhuleni (www.ekurhuleni.gov.za).
Enquiries: Tel: 0860 54 3000; E-mail: email@example.com
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right not to appoint.
: South Africa-Gauteng-Corporate
: Special Workman (Test)|Craft and Related Trade Workers
: Operations & Maintenance (ENER) Division
: 16-Nov-2020, 11:20:13 AM