Cookies and Policy
August 22, 2020
Carel du Toit Centre
Parow, Western Cape
Employer actively reviewed candidates 1 day ago
R19 000 – R21 000 a month
Full Job Description
Are you a passionate and energetic Social Worker interested in improving the lives of children? Would you like to join an enthusiastic multi-disciplinary team at the Carel du Toit Centre for children with hearing impairments?
The Carel du Toit Centre, Parow, Cape Town has a position available for a full time Social worker from 1 October 2020. We are looking for an independent and confident social worker to join our team. The successful candidate will enjoy working with children, parents, staff and demonstrate initiative and have excellent interpersonal skills. The candidate must take over a busy case load of children varying from 0 -10 years of age, with a primary diagnosis of hearing impairment, and their families. We follow the mainstream curriculum with special emphasis on the development of spoken language and listening.
Responsibilities will include:
First interviews/referrals with new families, case discussions, social and emotional support
· Comply with administrative duties of the job e.g. SASSA grants, reports, evaluations
· Manage parent support groups / parent counselling / support to diverse families
· Play therapy / groupwork with learners
· Provide regular workshops and training
· Effective interaction and collaboration within our multi-disciplinary team.
· School events
· Knowledge of learners with disabilities and willingness to develop your knowledge regarding learners with a hearing loss
· Management and training of interns
· Degree in Social Work / Advanced training in Play Therapy
· Minimum of 5 years experience working with a paediatric caseload / disabilities
· Play therapy
· Fluent in English and Afrikaans. isiXhosa as a third language would be beneficial
· SACSSP registration imperative
7:50 – 15:00 during 4 school terms with one afternoon per week until 5pm.
(taking years of experience into consideration)
Please send CV via email by 31 August 2020. If you have not heard anything from us by end of September 2020, your application has been unsuccessful. The Centre reserves the right to not fill the position if the ideal candidate cannot be identified.
Application Deadline: 2020/08/31
Expected Start Date: 2020/10/01
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: R19,000.00 – R21,000.00 per month
(Visited 1,172 times, 1 visits today)