Who we are and what we’re looking for
Yuppiechef is South Africa’s premier kitchen and homeware store with a big vision to build the world’s best shopping experience and to make retail better. The customer experience is always at the front of our minds here at Yuppiechef. We sweat the small stuff and work hard at ensuring that our customers get the sort of experience that they want when they walk through our doors – no matter whether that is virtually or actually. We are looking for strong team players to join us in our Stores teams as we prepare for the busy festive period. This season is a time when we look to add capable and passionate temporary team-mates to our busy team. We don’t like to compromise on our customers’ enjoyment in our Stores, so a few more skilled teammates are most welcome! We are specifically looking for team-mates who can commit to the entire period of November 2020 to end December 2020.
What this role looks like:
- Offering and executing a high level of customer service to any customer that enters our store. Each visit is a unique interaction
- Making our store an inviting and intriguing space which showcases our brand and our range for products in the best possible way
- Ensuring that each purchase is processed through our system accurately
- Following the internal process for stock receipt, storage, merchandising
- Wrapping a large number of gifts for our customers who purchase with us
- Continuously learning about the products and services that we offer and ensuring that our customers are shared up to date information
Who you are:
- Must live in easily commutable vicinity of the store in Mall of Africa
- Feels energised when they talk about food, cooking and entertaining.
- Knows how to make each interaction with customer unique and right for the customer
- Is comfortable working with Point of Sale and computer-based systems
- Has worked in a retail environment including stock replenishment and housekeeping
- Has excellent communication skills
- A minimum of a Matric certificate or equivalent experience
If you are a hardworking and enthusiastic team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, then we should chat.