Department: Sports, Recreation, Arts & Culture
Salary: R 179 208 – R 245 844 Per Annum (Plus Benefits)
- Cut grass on sport fields and surrounding areas with tractor mounted slasher/cutting equipment.
- Transport and remove any raw and other materials for sport field maintenance.
- Clean and store all machinery and Horticultural equipment on a daily basis.
- Report damages and irregularities of the tractor and other equipment to the supervisor
- Water, fertilize and cut sport fields, by using a water tanker, fertilizer spreader and
useany other garden/turf equipment
- Do any other minor winter programme duties as instructed by the supervisor.
- Complete daily tractor inspection and log sheet and arrange with supervisor to have tractor serviced as per log sheet and ensure that tractor is parked/stored safely after daily duties are completed.
- Adhere to safety requirements as prescribed by the Occupational Health and Safety Act or any other act related to sport facilities.
- Adhere to Batho Pele Principles
- Grade 10 or Abet Level 1
- A valid Code C Driver’s Licence
- Ability to read and write
- 1 year experience in a similar environment
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to apply using an online application system attached to the advertisement on the website of the City of Ekurhuleni (www.ekurhuleni.gov.za).
Enquiries: Tel: 0860 54 3000; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right to appoint, not appoint or to appoint laterally.
: South Africa-Gauteng-Corporate
: Tractor Driver (Turf Grass,Stadia & Hard Courts)|Plant and Machine Operators and Assemblers
: SRAC Operations Division