The Department of Transport and Public Works will be recruiting Traffic Students for the completion of a Further Education and Training Certificate: Road Traffic Law Enforcement. This is a twelve (12) month training course which will commence on 1 February 2021
Should vacant funded Provincial Inspector posts exist after obtaining the Further Education and Training Certificate and be considered for filling, individuals may be offered permanent employment against such posts at one of the Provincial Traffic Centres.
- A Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification;
- Valid motor vehicle license (manual) code B; A
- Applicant must be physically fit, pregnant persons will not be considered as physical tasks during recruitment and subsequent training may pose a threat to the unborn child and/or mother;
- Visible tattoos and body piercings (except females with one piercing in each ear) will disqualify an applicant as this will not compliment uniformity in a uniform wearing environment;
- No criminal record;
- Candidates must qualify for appointment as an Authorized Officer and for the appointment as Peace Officer in terms of the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977;
- Well versed with the home language of the majority of residents in a specific area where the successful incumbents will be appointed;
- Candidates reserved for shortlisting will be subject to undergo fingerprint checks by the SAPS and will be required to undergo the following tests: interview, knowledge test, fitness, driving test and a medical test as proof that the reserved candidates may do strenuous exercise;
- Applicants must be resident in the immediate vicinity of their selected traffic centres, if appointed afterwards.
HOW TO APPLY
Only online applications will be considered. Please apply via the following online portal: https://bit.ly/2GYH6IU(link is external).
If this is your first time applying, you will need to follow the following steps:
1. Click on CREATE ACCOUNT
2. Complete the required information
3. Verify your email address (you will receive an email helping you to do this)
4. Submit all required attachments and ensure your profile is complete
5. Click APPLY on the actual job advertisement – https://bit.ly/2GYH6IU(link is external) 6. You will receive an email confirming that your application has been received
Traffic Student Intake: Provincial Inspector (Worcester, Laingsburg, Beaufort West and Oudtshoorn), Ref No. TPW 99/2020 (WCG201006-1)(link is external)
Traffic Student Intake: Provincial Inspector (Brackenfell and Somerset West), Ref No. TPW 101/2020 (WCG201006-5)(link is external)
Traffic Student Intake: Provincial Inspector (Swellendam, Mossel Bay, George and Knysna), Ref No. TPW 100/2020 (WCG201006-4)(link is external)
Traffic Student Intake: Provincial Inspector (Vredendal, Vredenburg, Caledon), Ref No. TPW 102/2020 (WCG201006-6)(link is external)